From the beginning of the 19th century, Žasliai Jewish community was divided into Orthodox and Hasidic communities that had separate prayer houses. After the great fire that struck the town at the beginning of the 20th century, both wooden synagogues were lost in the flames. The Orthodox Beith midrash was rebuilt in 1909, built from bricks, and had two floors. Despite the religious differences both Jewish prayer houses were projected by the same architect – A. Filipovičius Dubovikas.
For some time after the Second World War, the former building of Beith midrash stood abandoned as the town lost its entire Jewish community. Later it was used as a warehouse, and in 1967, the building experienced massive reconstruction and later served as a culture house. After Lithuania regained its independence Žasliai culture center settled in the former Beth midrash building. In 2014 near the center a bas-relief was unveiled for a famous pianist Leopold Godovski, who was born in Žasliai.
Hasidic Synagogue in Žasliai (Vytauto str. 40), 54.864201, 24.589722
Historical Jewish Quarter in Žasliai
Historical Jewish Quarter in Kaišiadorys
Historical Jewish Quarter in Žiežmariai
Inn of Žiežmariai